Know your goals before you start to walk on the path. The aforementioned saying also holds true while devising your online strategy. Businesses lately have entrusted Social Media to gain business rather than through company websites. Testimonial to the above is the drastic increase in online marketing spends over the past few years.
But the million dollar question still is “Is your online strategy aligned to your offline (real world) strategy?” The answer to this question is very deceiving and has had companies exist in a state of illusion and history bears witness to it.
Many brands all over the globe have been unsuccessful in leveraging their brands online. This has been widespread because companies have misunderstood the mantra to online engagement. They know what to do but are not clear about the approach. The approach taken by most so far has been highly unplanned and disorganized. So, how should the companies go about their online strategy?
For starters, it’s a combination of science as well as art. There is no fixed formula as the approach for every company has to be different based on their needs but there are few guidelines following which a company can at-least get the basics right.
In this article we’ll be highlighting few tips which could be used to increase your Facebook page engagement (‘Likes’ and ‘people talking about’)
Note: The focus for this particular article is Facebook (getting more likes), other social media platforms would be covered in the future articles.
Strategize your online activities well before starting anything on the internet: It’s very important to chalk out what you want through your online marketing. There should be alignment in your offline as well as online strategy so that the customers have the same feeling visiting your online existence viz-a-viz offline one. A company should always have a clear vision and mission statement to guide the social media presence. There is often a scenario wherein the company portrays contrasting images in online and offline presence which creates a situation of “IDENTITY CRISIS”. This can prove detrimental and can do more harm than benefit.
Few of the Tips which are useful and easy to follow are mentioned as follows:
- Use Facebook Ads. It is perhaps the easiest way to get Facebook likes. “Seeing is believing”.
- Ask your friends and family to like the page.
- Run a competition on your page. Competitions like photography, uploading songs/catchy videos and other such competitions have been used by marketers and that too quite successfully to get people to visit your page.
- Use the Facebook social plug-in in your blog and website, so that people visiting your site also get to know about your Facebook presence. According to a survey, 60% of the likes are achieved this way on an average.
- Use compelling photos in your posts; keep your audience in mind. A picture always says a thousand words. Survey reveals photos get 53% more likes, 104% more comments and 84% more click-through.
- The cover-page should explain your USP and features. It should be compelling enough, as this is the first step new prospective customers make towards your business.
- Write posts that have fewer characters. Posts with 80 characters or less get 66% more engagement.
- Posting Rules: The following statistics have been found in a recent study
- Posting 1-2 times a day gets 40% more engagement than posting on alternate days or more
- Posting 5-8 times a week gets 71% more engagement than 2-3 posts a week
- Best time to post:
i. Weekends: Sunday
ii. Weekdays: Wednesday
iii. Peak Time: 1 PM to 4 PM
9. Don’t be afraid to try new things on your page.
10. Monitoring and measuring through Facebook analytics could give you new insights which could be helpful in targeting the audience.
11.Use #Hashtag. Facebook has just introduced it and people are using it, to club posts with the same genre.
This is just a tip of the iceberg. There’s a whole different world out there. Online marketing is like a beast with a mind of its own. It needs to be studied and analyzed well. Talk to the experts like Sociograph.
Think you got some more cool ideas to get more likes in minimum time?
Got any questions?
Do share your views/reviews/comments and ideas below. We’ll be happy to respond.